Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to work I go!

I work in a Long Term Care Facility. My job involves coordination of activities and implementing them. Diane Cooper on the left is the other activities worker at BRVCC. We had a Hawaiin Family Luau today at the Care Center. Roberta Fronk pictured in the the middle is one of our volunteers that comes and entertains our residents weekly. She is almost the age of some of our residents but comes faithfully dressed to the nines with three inch heels and sings her heart out in a sing-a-long with old time songs and favorites. She comes along with several other volunteers who play a variety of instruments to make the band. Sing-a-long is by far the most favorite activity among the residents. Today for the Luau they all dressed the part and sang hawaiian songs and danced the hula. It was a great success. I thank Heavenly Father for those volunteers that so willingly give of their time to serve others and help make my job just a little easier.
Ed is one of our residents sons. Besides his mother he is the only remaining member of his family. His father and two brothers have died in tragic accidents. He lives in Salt Lake and faithfully comes to see his mother every week without fail. The best part of my job is being able to see the devotion and love of family.

"These are my people" some of the great friends I work with. Working with good people makes it all worth while.


No comments: