Monday, September 15, 2008

Alex is a DAD for two days.

Alex brought home this robotic baby today from school. He has to take care of this baby for two days. It cries, wets, and eats just as a baby would. Alex wears an electronic braclet that records what he does or doesn't do in the caring for the baby. He is graded by the data this bracelet records. Technology is amazing isn't it.
Doesn't Alex look cute. It's kinda fun to imagine him someday being a father. This exercise is giving him a good taste of parenthood. Hopefully he is learning the awesome respondsibility it is to be a parent and will make wise choices. There is a time and season for all things.

These babies are amazing, they need feeding, burping, changing, and if you don't gently hold its head correctly it starts to cry.


Alex is taking very seriously his role in taking care of this baby. He is wrapping it up before placing it back in the carrier. I am anxiously anticipating tonight when the baby wakes up crying in the night. I wonder how fun it will be then. Should I be a good Grandma and let Alex get his rest? Ahhhh......I don't think so. LOL




4 comments:

L&D said...

Just happened to come across your blog here and I laughed & laughed at this post. It's brilliant! Your template is fantastic and you have a great sense of writing. Thoroughly enjoyed!

Amy and David said...

Alex is cute! This one is more advanced than the one he had last year. But He was staying at my house and kept Alex up for an hour or two :) How funny.

M.S. said...

I'm so glad you are blogging EVERY DAY! I'm reading very day... come see me at my blog!

Anonymous said...

WOw! What a good daddy. I hope it helps for the future!!
Jenny